Thursday, August 26, 2010

I’m a Dream Catcher in the Rye


I said lately I haven’t been dreaming or maybe because I don’t get enough sleep that’s why dreams are mostly forgotten. In those three to five hours of my sleep-deprive-life dreams wouldn’t be possible.

Dreams are series of images, suggested emotions, sounds that we experience during sleep. It’s an honest representation of our feelings, mostly we dream of the things that we desire, the things that are bugging us our current concerns, our triumphs or dilemma.

I used to wake up and stay still for a moment to silently recall all my dreams. I used to keep a book about dreams and analyzed all the symbols that I saw during my sleep. But lately it’s different I can’t recall any of it and I am worried that I might be lacking in self awareness or I might lose my emotional attachment to the world.

I want to see stars, rainbow, unicorn and mermaids, a field full of violets and cherry blossoms, I wish to enter the whimsical land and those beautiful things that gives us a good feeling after a dazed full of sleep. I wonder if we lose our ability to dream as we age, I wonder if it’s just me or I’m an exceptional case. I wonder if there’s really a dreamland. What if my name is not on their list anymore? hihihi.

"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you'll start missing everybody".~ Cather in the Rye



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Blog Archive