Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chungkiwa for your Korean Food Cravings!

My cousin and I discovered this resto one time while looking for authentic Ramen *that she was craving* and Bibimbap *that I was dying to have that day*. First, we went to a ramen house but I find it weird that they are selling spaghetti so I said I don’t wanna eat there. So we went to Gen Luna where we saw Chungkiwa, they have a big tarpaulin outside the resto that shows their menu but it was all in Hangul. Looking at it, I thought that they might be serving authentic dish with affordable prices.

My first Stop:

We went inside and were greeted by Filipina servers, the restaurant setting was not that fancy, they have tables with grill holes and they have a fridge filled with huge array of side dishes. I never had a hard time ordering because I knew what I like but they still provide us the menu with Romanized characters and pictures. I ordered Dolsot Bibimpap and my cousin ordered Fish Cake. They started serving the banchan all 7 of them kimchi, macaroni salad, myulchi bokkem (dilis in sugar glazed), dubo jorim (tofu in soy sauce mix) and other preserved dish. The good thing about this resto is their side dishes can be refilled (unlimited) and they offer big serving. I’m happy with how they serve my bibimbap, it’s like I’m really eating in Korea. The owner is a Korean that's why they know how to prepare the food in a traditional way and their ingredients are authentic not to mention the price is super affordable.

The food:

After a few weeks I went back to Chungkiwa to bring my agents and they were all satisfied. We tried most of their dishes and we were all happy with how it taste. We had Samyeopsal wrap in sangchu (grilled pork belly wrap in lettuce), soondubujjigae (soft tofu stew with beef in spicy soup) , Seolleongtang (Beef stew with cellophane noodles and beef slices), Gimbap (rice wrap in seaweed) with Octopus, Bibimbap ( Spinach, mushroom, sea tangle, carrots, bean sprouts, beef slices, egg toppings served with gochujang and rice, you have to mix it well and add the rice and gochujang depending on the level of spiciness that you like), Sushi Bibimbap ( just like the regular bibimbap the beef was just replaced with sushi). We also tried drinking soju! After our meal they serve us Insam Cha a Korean ginseng tea and it's for free whenever you eat there.

The happy eaters ^^v:

I went to Mega mall and eat at a Korean restaurant there but I was disappointed with how they prepare my food. I told myself that I will never in other Korean resto but only in Chungkiwa, nothing can beat their food.


For 365: Camwhoring @ Chungkiwa ^^:

Chungkiwa is located in Gen Luna, Makati. They are open from 10am- 12pm, if you want more info you can call them at (02)385-1069. They have Filipino waitresses that can help you choose the food that you like and are willing to explain the dishes so you won’t be disappointed with your orders. I give them two thumbs up!

jalmugutseumnida! Kamsahamnida!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts...

Blog Archive