Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Doddle Oodles of Noodles


Few days before our Halloween party I was approached to help in designing the place for our celebration. At first Mutya was asking for the white gown, the gown I wore last 2009. I said, what for? She said she’ll hang it as a display. I told her, well, our party’s theme is cosplay and we should follow that theme. So I suggested another idea.

My idea is to create a back draft for the party and design it with doodles. Kawaii doodles of modern but cartoonish type of drawings. And since it was my suggestion she asked me a favor to do it, which I merrily accepted since I love doodling-- a lot. So I search for some ideas and patterns to follow and I found some drafts upon searching here on the internet.

I worked on it for two days. Since I cannot draw directly on the wall, I used 12 white cartolina to cover the big wall. I purchased various neon poster paint and different sizes of brush. My idea is just to supply small amount of colors on different characters. I draw the sketch and used a flat tip marker for finishing touch. The first half of the doodle is a cloud with various characters like robots, monster, aliens, animals, and random items such as mushrooms, cassette tape etc., then I draw a color strips and connect that to a doodles of noodles and sakura (cherry blossom) tree.

It was fun doing that task. I wish I can do it regularly instead of just doodling in my diary and planners. Oh, I almost forgot, I draw Finn and Jake from “Adventure time of Finn and Jake” the hipsterish cartoon. That was my little surprise to Wacky, I told him that I’m doing a drawing project at the office and he was static upon learning how big my sketch pad is hahaha! He was happy seeing it. Oh, and special mention to Christian who helped me doing the sakura ^^

I love doodles! This life is great!


By the way, do you know that humuhumunukunukuapua'a (hoo-moo-hoo-moo-noo-koo-noo-koo-ah-poo-ah-ah) is kind of fish that lives in the sea of Hawaii and that weird fish with a weird name can swim backwards. Oh well,  that's nothing but a random thoughts supplied by Wacky hahahaha! kawaii- hawaii ---duh! desperate attempt to connect...lulz!

1 comment:

Leave me your thoughts...

Blog Archive